Our partners in ministry focus on leading in their area of ministry and caring for people through personal contact as well as programming. Take some time to read about them below then come and meet them in person.
Contact Pastor Jeff
Pastor Jeff Blain
Tends the flock; Leads the staff
I often describe myself as “California Casual” – which means you will more often see me in a T-shirt with shorts or jeans than you will in the “dress clothes” I am wearing in my picture here! I LOVE to teach the Bible and to talk about how faith and life fit together. (Ask me sometime about the difference between taking the Bible “seriously” and taking it “literally” – it’s a pretty important distinction!) It has been my privilege to be part of the Ascension family since November of 1993. And I am excited to see where God will take us as we continue to focus on “making disciples who make disciples.”
- Born and raised in S. California
- Married to Carol
- Father to Jacob (Emily) and Erika
- Grandfather to Rebekah (born March 2017!)
- Partner in ministry at Ascension since 11/1993
- Food: Wisconsin cheese (cheesy potatoes too!) – but NOT Chocolate, Garlic or Eggs!
- Books of the Bible: OT = Genesis!!!; NT = Galatians – Colossians
- Sport: Racquetball
- Color: Black and Red
Great conversation starters
Make sure to talk to Pastor Jeff about:
- Connecting Faith & Daily Life
- Math & Numbers
We are looking for a part-time ministry partner to help our Adults Grow in their Faith and Discipleship.
Click here for more information!
Children’s, Youth, and Family Ministries
- IGNITE faith in God
- CONNECT to God’s family
- SERVE others out of love for Christ
So that our youth become life-long disciples of Jesus.